Saturday, January 21, 2012

Turquoise and Purple Makeup Look

I haven't done a makeup look in a long time so I thought I'd share my other favourite look (besides the purple and gold one): purple and turquoise. I also originally saw this in a very old issue of Seventeen (I still have the page somewhere), but I switched it up a bit, mainly since I'm not a huge fan of bright green eyeshadow / liner.
I remember the first time I wore this look I had to match it with my outfit so I wore a turquoise polo with a grey cardigan that had a purple argyle pattern on the front. Nowadays I wear it to glam up an otherwise plain jeans and t-shirt. Anyways, enough of me rambling on; grab your makeup brushes and let's get started!

Products used:
Rimmel London Eyeshadow Quad in Romantic Cool
Loreal High Intensity Pigments Bright Eyeshadow Duo in Showy
Gosh Kohl Eyeliner in Black
Covergirl LashBlast Luxe Mascara (number 845)

1. With a small eyeshadow brush, apply the lilac shade in the Rimmel quad all over the eyelid. This eyeshadow, in contrast with the turquoise, isn't very pigmented, so you may need to pack it on.
2. Using a fluffy crease brush, apply the turquoise shade of the Loreal duo to the crease of your eye. Warning!!!! (okay, it's not that dramatic) When they say high intensity pigments, they mean it. Tap off most of the shadow before applying it (we're going for a subtle daytime look here).
3. Take a small angled brush and apply more of the turquoise shadow (again, tap it off first) to your lower lash line.
4. Line your upper lashes with black eyeliner (you can smudge it out a little if you want).
5. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
6. Finish off the look by applying your favourite light pink lip gloss.

I couldn't find a good photo on the Web, (so I decided to post random photos of the products...) but I assure you, it looks good! If you try it, post a picture and let me know how it went!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment