Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"These streets will make you feel brand new"

"These streets will make you feel brand new"


If you inferred correctly from the title, yes, I am off to New York City next week! I put together three outfits for different activities that I may be doing. 

The first outfit is for a day of sightseeing. I went casual with this one, pairing together the basic jeans and tee. To not look too touristy, I added some combat boots, a light jacket, and a scarf. From browsing some New York street style, I've noticed that the key is layering, so that's what I aimed for in this everyday, out-on-the-town outfit. If the weather warms up during the day, it's easy to take off the jacket and the scarf. 
The next outfit is for a night out, and I know I'm definitely having a couple of those while I'm there! I kept it very classy and conservative with a patterned dress and solid heels. Perfect for those Broadway (and off-Broadway) shows!
I was a little hesitant with the last outfit, but I think it will work for a day of window shopping or casual outings, like a picnic in Central Park. I just have a cardigan paired with the floral skirt and white tee, but it could be easily substituted for a leather jacket or blazer.

And there you have it! Comment down below with any outfit ideas / staples for travelling and sightseeing! Until my next post, stay stylish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment