Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Back to School Outfits and Glitter Nails

Okay, so forget what I said in my last post. I may have taken a little break from the fashion world during the month of August (seriously, I lived in shorts and t-shirts...nothing too exciting about that). Now that it's time to hit the books once more, I thought I would share three easy outfits for class, plus some fun nails.


T-shirt: Smart Set
Blazer: Eddie Bauer
Pants: Smart Set
I wore this outfit to go run errands one day last week. It was cool out, but I still wanted to look summery, so I opted for these bright blue pants. I topped this fun graphic tee with a casual blazer for a simple, but still put together look. I didn't wear any accessories here, but a stack of fun bracelets or bangles paired with your favourite summer sneakers (mine are black and white floral Keds) would finish off the look. 


T-shirt: Bang-On
Jean jacket: Aeropostale
Pants: Eclipse
I wore this outfit on a date last Friday (*giggles*), and it was really comfy, but still cute for bowling & ice cream. I got this shirt at a specialty store in the Byward Market, where there are hundreds of different photos and patterns to choose from to be printed on a t-shirt (or a tank top) while you wait. You can also bring in your own design or photo. I finally purchased a jean jacket earlier this summer (it was on my must-have list) that I am quite pleased with, as well as a pair of stretchy black pants that feel like leggings. 


T-shirt: Giant Tiger
Sweater: Justice
Jean capris: Garage (super old)
Necklace: Forever 21 (gift)
I wore this outfit to work the other night, and yes, that's where the sweater is from! I love this sweater because it kind of feels like a kimono in that the quarter length sleeves are loose and long and the front is open. Also, the crochet detailing? Super cute. This year I've had to replace some of my basic t-shirts, and I've found some really nice ones at both Target and Giant Tiger (my local Giant Tiger has a large fashion section).



Glitter Polish: "Teenage Dream" by OPI
Pink polish: Kiko Cosmetics
And here are my fun glitter nails! All I did was paint one coat of the light pink colour and then two coats of the glitter polish on top. I received the pink polish as a gift- Kiko is a popular makeup brand in Italy. 

What are you wearing for the first week back to school? Let me know!
Until my next post, stay stylish!



1 comment:

  1. Loving this post ! Especially the necklace (hehe) and absolutely adorning the happy nails :) !

    ReplyDelete