Sunday, January 26, 2014

Makeup Update

Recently I've been cleaning up my makeup collection and adding some new things, so I thought I'd share some of the new products I either purchased or received for Christmas. Also, two weeks ago some of my relatives came over for a post-Christmas get together and my cousin brought some makeup that she didn't use anymore and thought I would like.

Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow in Designer Chocolates
Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow in Charcoal Smokes
I've been meaning to get more of these eye shadows because there's so many combinations and different looks to create! My makeup has taken a really basic and boring routine over the past few months, so I'm excited to try out new looks with these!
 Loreal Infinite Wear Eye Shadow Quad in Enchanted Bouquet
Marcelle Wet & Dry Eye Shadow Duo in Cosmos
Again, some more eye shadow from my cousin. If I don't have a lot of time in the morning I usually just swipe on some pink eye shadow and mascara. I've tried out both of these already and the pigmentation isn't bad; though I'm going to start using eye shadow primer more often now (see below for my take on that!).



                                                                      

Liplicious Plump Glass (by Bath & Body Works)

My aunt always gets me lip gloss with her gift and every year I love it! This time it's a little different because it gives your lips more fullness (I put it on and my lips started tingling hehe). Also it smells like vanilla, a scent that I love!

Benefit Primping with the Stars All-Time Greatest "Fake-Its" Kit
1. Stay Don't Stray Eye Shadow Primer
2. the Pore-fessional pro balm to minimize pores
3. Some kind of a gorgeous foundation faker
4. bene-tint
5. girl meets pearl liquid pearl for face
6. they're real! mascara
So far I've only tried the eye shadow primer and my only comment is why have I not tried this before??? It makes my eye shadow appear more vibrant and it stays that way throughout the day! Love it! I've heard good things about all the other products as well, so I am excited to try them out!

 Clinique High Impact Mascara
I got this as a sample with a skin care set I got for Christmas and I think it is the best mascara I have ever tried! I have to admit, I've always thought why bother with high end mascaras when they have to be thrown out after six months, right? But this mascara has me hooked. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara or the Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara, but there's definitely a difference between those and this Clinique one, the most noticeable being I don't have to use as much mascara to get evenly coated, long lashes. Also it doesn't clump, which is always a plus!

NYC IndividualEyes 938 Union Square Created for Brown Eyes
I bought this eye shadow quad on a whim one day after work, and I am very pleased with it so far! It comes with a primer (my new favourite product!) and an illuminator on the side, and then four different eye shadows. There are instructions on how to create the look using all the colours, which is always handy. I especially like how the main brown shade (second from the bottom) is matte, and the others have some shimmer.




Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon
Over the summer I bought my first Revlon Lip Butter in the shade Juicy Papaya (a coral-y orange colour) and since then I've been wanting another. I like coloured lip balms because I'm not a huge fan of lipstick, yet I'm starting to move away from lip gloss, so this is the perfect in between! This particular shade is a red with pink undertones, and it is pretty pigmented so you don't need a lot. It also goes on really smoothly, which I guess is why it's called a lip "butter!"





No comments:

Post a Comment