Monday, July 28, 2014

Review: Maybelline "The Nudes" Eyeshadow Palette

Basically, I saw two video reviews of this palette, read some online ratings, and decided I needed to have it. 

Maybelline "The Nudes" Eyeshadow Palette, $15, Shoppers

This is what the front looks like. The packaging is super sleek, and the palette is compact enough to slip in a purse or carry-on for travel. There are 12 shades ranging from matte to shimmery, all in the neutral colour family. 


Here's a more close-up look of the shades. As you can see, I've already been experimenting with them! So far I like the shimmery gold shade the best (bottom row, third from left)- I've been looking for a gold eyeshadow that's not too bronze or sparkly, and this is it! The shades are pretty well pigmented, which is good for drugstore quality (usually I'm always layering on the shadow), and they blend easily and work well together for a ton of different looks. I've seen people compare this palette to the Urban Decay Naked ones, and from what I can see, the colours are pretty similar (I don't have one, so I can't be too sure on it). So if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, this may be good for you!


This is what the back of the palette looks like. As I mentioned, there are so many different looks you can create, and these helpful pairings on the back make that easy. Basically they've divided it up into quads, trios, or duos, depending on the look you're going for, and then they also say where to put each shade. I can't wait to try out all the colour combinations, and maybe even create some of my own!

What do you think of this palette? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment